There are two main categories of health plans underneath the umbrella of USHEALTH. Some of you may be looking into one or both of these plans for you and your family. Below you will find a small breakdown of each one and what you can expect.
USHEALTH Group insurance
There are three things you need to keep in mind when looking at the group insurance plan.
1) There is Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Each plan has their own niche. Each plan has their own pros and cons. These four are just a breakdown of what is being offered under the group plan . This has nothing to do with the quality of coverage and care you will receive. You will need to do your own research on this.
2) You will need to pay the costs each month. You pay even when you do not use the coverage. You will need to pay some sort of out-of-pocket cost no matter what plan you get. Know the costs of each one before you get involved. Some of the costs may not be worth the price of admission .
3) You should know the difference between things like PPO, HMO, and EPO. Some of these plans require referrals and some do not. Some will cost you extra when you go out-of-network.
These types of group insurance plans are perfect for business owners. It is important to keep in mind what your employees need, not what you want to pay out.
USHEALTH Group family insurance
1) You need to take the time to review all your options for your family. What works out for mom may not work out well for your daughter. Each person has to have coverage that is right for them. There are different plans out there for the family. You need to choose based on what current family situation is now, not what it may be like 10 years from now.
2) You should never stop shopping for coverage. There may be a better plan out there for you when you are already covered. The best time to do this is during open enrollment time. This way you will not get penalized for going with someone else.